What are the main causes of carbon monoxide poisoning ?
Most cases of carbon monoxide poisoning are due to inadequate ventilation or poor maintenance of appliances, blocked or leaky flues and chimneys. Chimneys can become blocked for various reasons. It could be as a result of birds nesting on the chimney, or possible degradation of the flue. A blocked flue can lead to carbon monoxide leaking into your home. Who is most at risk ? Some people mistakenly think that it is only gas fuelled heating systems which can cause carbon monoxide poisoning – in fact, it can happen with any fossil fuel system if the system, which included both the appliance and the flue, is faulty or the room is not properly ventilated. Also, some people associate carbon monoxide poisoning with rented accommodation – in fact, more people are killed in owner occupied rather than rented properties. Carbon monoxide poisoning A typical scenario is a living room with a solid fuel heater. The windows and doors have been draught proofed and the permanent ventilation has been blo
*Sadly, we had to bring back ads too. Hopefully more targeted.