What can I expect during the recovery period from tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery?

0

0

Third day: Your discomfort level will begin to improve. You can remove the ON–Q pain pump after the third day. You can then take oral pain medication to control the post–surgical pain. Although it may be difficult to stand up straight, you are encouraged not to sit for long periods of time during the first few days after your surgery. Straining, bending, or lifting should be avoided, since these activities could cause bleeding or swelling. Fifth day: You will be wearing a binder and may return to work if you feel like it. Seventh day: You can start driving as soon as the pain has gone away and you no longer need to take pain medication. This generally happens about a week after surgery. Two weeks: Your discomfort will decrease markedly during the first few weeks. Whatever bruising has occurred will normally disappear by the second week. Some patients experience numbness at first, followed by a pins and needles sensation which should disappear by 7 to 14 days after surgery. The doctor u