Which States are best to move to if you want to become a professional working actor?

0
Giovanna Rea Posted

0
Lady Rho

From my experience Hollywood/Los Angeles/Burbank is a great place to get in the door and become a professional working actor. There are tons of casting calls every single day. You can sign up online before you move so you can see for yourself that there’s lots off work for actors in Los Angeles. New York, NY is also great for actors. You’ll always have work there. Other cities that are often overlooked are Austin Texas, New Orleans Louisiana, Phoenix Arizona, Nashville Tennessee and Atlanta Georgia. I’ve had a few acting gigs in Austin Texas.

Check out these websites:

Auditions Free dot com

Backstage dot com

LAcasting dot com

CentralCasting dot com

0

Atlanta, Georgia

0
Ashley Bowden

I would agree that New York and California would be your best option to move to if pursuing a career as a professional working actor.  The substantial population of acting firms, production companies, etc. in the industry would greatly benefit anyone pursuing a future in that area.

0
Andrea Kear

Although many states have opportunities for actors, the largest concentration seem to be in California and New York.  many opportunities exist in other states as well.  A reputable agent would be easier to come by in one of these states but it would be worth an actor’s time to make sure that the agent is privy to acting jobs outside of California and New York.  Many jobs in other states advertise locally for actors and one could lose out on many opportunities if one concentrated only on two states.

0

California, because even if you don’t live in Hollywood there are several acting opportunities around the state for commercials and big theater plays.