Important Notice: Our web hosting provider recently started charging us for additional visits, which was unexpected. In response, we're seeking donations. Depending on the situation, we may explore different monetization options for our Community and Expert Contributors. It's crucial to provide more returns for their expertise and offer more Expert Validated Answers or AI Validated Answers. Learn more about our hosting issue here.

Who Do I Contact If My House Insurance Will Not Pay Out After An Emergency?

darnellmsmith05871 darnellmsmith058 edited question

If you are in a situation where your insurer is not paying out, I feel your pain. I have been there too many times. I live in an area where we get a lot of flooding, and I have an annual fight with my insurer to get some relief. It is a major headache and something that I really want to bring to an end as soon as I can.

If you want to know who to contact to resolve these issues, then contact a legal professional. A property damage lawyer is your best bet for proper legal representation who can help to convince your insurance company to pay out to avoid a protracted and long-standing legal dispute. Good luck, I hope they listen!

What is your question?

*Sadly, we had to bring back ads too. Hopefully more targeted.