0
Q:

Can I get an STD from oral sex?

1 2
0
Dear STD Advice, I always use protection for intercourse, but never have for oral sex. Yet recently I heard of someone who got an STD from oral sex. Is that possible? ~ Orally Confused Dear Orally Confused, It is definitely possible to catch an STD simply from unprotected oral sex. In fact, several STDs can be transmitted via oral sex including herpes, syphilis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea. In some cases, HIV can also be transmitted during oral sex. Here's what the CDC says about that: It is possible for either partner to become infected with HIV through performing or receiving oral sex. There have been a few cases of HIV transmission from performing oral sex on a person infected with HIV. While no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is, evidence suggests that the risk is less than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex. If the person performing oral sex has HIV, blood from their mouth may enter the body of the person receiving oral sex through > the lining of the urethra (the ... more
onlinedatingmagazine.com

0
Yes, in fact you can. Some STDs are more easily transmittable than others during oral sex but all of the most common STDs can be transmitted and obtained through oral sex. STDs most easily obtained through oral sex are herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea and hepatitis B. It is possible to get chlamydia, HPV and HIV through oral sex but these are not nearly as likely. How do I protect myself during oral sex? Use a non-lubricated condom for oral sex on a man. There are many complaints from men and women alike about using a condom during oral sex. Men say that it reduces the sensations on the penis thereby reducing the pleasure of the experience. This can also lead to taking much longer to orgasm. Women often complain that there is too much of a rubbery taste when using a condom for oral sex. There are solutions to both of these problems. For men, sensation can be increased with a condom if you simply put a small amount of lubricant inside the condom before you put it on. Flavored condoms are ... more
hawkhealth.ku.edu
0
Yes. During oral sex, there is skin to skin contact and there can be body fluid exchange, so it is important to use barrier protection like unlubricated condoms or latex dental dams to protect you during oral sex. more
gachd.org
/html/std.html
This link is broken. Help us!
2 more sources
Hide
0
Yes. During oral sex, there is skin to skin contact and there can be body fluid exchange, so it is important to use barrier protection like unlubricated condoms or latex dental dams to protect you during oral sex. Why don't teenagers protect themselves if they are having sex? It's not always because people don't know. Sometimes they. . . - are embarrassed about buying or getting condoms - feel peer/date pressure - use alcohol and drugs - have a lack of knowledge - believe using birth control pills is enough protection - are embarrassed about asking questions - don't think ahead of time 25 Free LifeStyles Ultra Lubricated Condoms Only $8. more
clubcondom.com
0
Yes. During oral sex, there is skin-to-skin contact and there can be body fluid exchange, so it is important to use barrier protection like un-lubricated condoms or latex dental dams to protect you during oral sex. Note: more and more people are being infected with genital herpes because they practiced oral sex while their partner had an active cold sore or herpes outbreak - also note, this virus can be transmitted even when there is no outbreak. See Herpesonline for more details! Why don't teenagers protect themselves if they are having sex? It's not always because they don't know HOW to protect themselves, there are many other factors that may or may not come into play. Perhaps they... more
herpesonline.org
0
Yes. During oral sex, there is skin to skin contact and there can be body fluid exchange, so it is important to use barrier protection like unlubricated condoms to protect you during oral sex. Why don't teenagers protect themselves if they are having sex? It's not always because people don't know. Sometimes you might. . . be embarrassed about buying or getting condoms feel peer/date pressure be using alcohol and drugs have a lack of knowledge believe using birth control pills is enough protection be embarrassed about asking questions not think ahead of time I think I might have and STD. What do I do! DO NOT PANIC most STDs can be treated and controlled if discovered early. Be Smart; some STDs have NO SYMPTOMS you would never know you had an STD unless you had a medical check-up. If you are concerned, be smart, get checked. What about condoms? • Always use a spermicide with condoms condoms + Spermicides increase the effectiveness to about 97.5%. Condoms alone can fail as often as 1 in ... more
0
You can get an STD from any form of sex. STD's are passed from body fluids and an open sore on your penis would certainly be a way for something to pass to you. It is important whether you practice oral, vaginal or anal sex to use protection, namely a condom. A condom is the only form of protection that when used properly can prevent many types of STD's. However they will not prevent something like crabs which will be spread through body to body contact. What worries me is that you asked if it was just hiv. HIV while not an actual disease leads to AIDS and the complications of which can kill you. Besides for using protection the other way to minimize the transmission of STD's is to be in a stable relationship where you both remain monogamous. If you have multiple partners consider the fact that you are not only sleeping with that person but with basically everyone they have ever been with. The same is true for the person sleeping with you, you are placing that person at risk of ... more
answers.yahoo.com
0
answers.yahoo.com
0
Yes. There are other STDs outside there besides HIV, and they are on the rise among teens. Any instrument used to pierce or section the skin should be used once and thrown away, or thoroughly cleaned and sterilized before using them again. Can I get HIV or another STD from getting a tattoo or through body piercing? There can be a risk for HIV or another blood-borne infection (like Hepatitis B or C) if the instruments used for piercing or tattooing either are not sterilized or disinfected between clients. If your partner has an infection in his or her genital area, then kissing on the mouth will not transmit the infection. . Sometimes they. 2. Crabs, or pubic lice, may be transmitted through sexual contact, sleeping in infected bedding, sharing infected clothing and possibly through sitting on an infested toilet seat. 2. I'm a teenager, I'm not at risk for an STD, correct? Wrong. 4. During oral sex, there is skin to skin contact and there can be body fluid exchange, so it is salient ... more
simplexlove.com
0
answers.yahoo.com
1 2

...