Important Notice: Our web hosting provider recently started charging us for additional visits, which was unexpected. In response, we're seeking donations. Depending on the situation, we may explore different monetization options for our Community and Expert Contributors. It's crucial to provide more returns for their expertise and offer more Expert Validated Answers or AI Validated Answers. Learn more about our hosting issue here.

Why is a CMOS device easily affected by static electricity?

0
Posted

Why is a CMOS device easily affected by static electricity?

0

A1 A bipolar device is resistive and absorbs static electricity because current flows with base input transmitting through the semiconductor. In contrast, a CMOS device has gate input insulated by an oxide film. Consequently, no current flows and the voltage of static electricity is applied to a thin oxide film as is. For this reason, there is a strong possibility that the oxide film breaks down.

Related Questions

What is your question?

*Sadly, we had to bring back ads too. Hopefully more targeted.